Meet Gareth Fox. Gareth is HR Assured’s User Experience Manager for our interective platform, HRA Cloud. As the many behind HRA Cloud’s sleek visual refresh back in March 2017, Gareth is dedicated to continuous improvement of HRA Cloud’s interface. Guided by our Product Roadmap, Gareth works actively to develop new featires and enhancements on the HRA Cloud platform.
As a developer, Gareth knows his stuff. He enjoys making cutting-edge technology user-friendly and intuitive. Get to know Gareth a little better and find out what he does off the screens.
1. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Would it be cheating if I said yum cha?
2. What is your favourite way to relax?
I’m a keen but not very competent angler, though I haven’t been fishing in quite some time
3. If you were stuck on a desert island and you can only choose one person to be stuck with, who would that be and why?
Tom Schnackenberg. That guy designed the sailboat that won the 1995 America’s cup, and I suspect he knows a bit more than I about boatmaking
4. What advice would you give to your 16 year old self?
You made the right call with being interested in computers, but you could definitely stop wearing double denim
5. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you do?
See a financial planner, like, immediately
6. What is something you think everyone should do once in their life?
Volunteer a couple of weeks for something where you are a little bit out of your comfort zone, and are helping people in some capacity. It’s the kind of working holiday that money literally can’t buy
7. Describe a recent ‘user experience’ you were impressed with, and why?
I helped my son build some lego over the weekend. Those instructions are amazing, absolutely precise while being completely free of language. That is a very hard thing to get right
8. If you had a time machine, who would you go back to visit and why?
Tough question. I’d love to hear what a T-Rex sounded like, wouldn’t you?
9. We know you’ve landed your dream job as a User Experience Developer, but if you were able to choose any other job in the world, what would it be and why?
I’d like to work in the games industry, as an experience architect. While the games industry is absolutely a commercial enterprise, it’s an artistic outlet like no other that sometimes provides surprisingly complex and deep narratives, and I’d like to be a part of creating those experiences
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who suddenly stop walking on busy footpaths or train platforms, without being situationally aware to traffic flow around them
11. What do you like most about working at HR Assured?
It may be a cliché, but the people. HR Assured and FCB hire exceptional individuals, and the company culture really matters. Most of us spend more waking hours at work than at home, and so the right team becomes the difference between a good job and a great job.